Updated History List Page
"Pavilion", which most people remember as the skating
rink, was built approximately in 1911 or 1912. It was
used for dances & roller skating. Once the newer
auditorium was built, the dances were held in it & the
Pavilion was used mainly for roller skating. This
building was torn down in 2001 for safety reasons.
It was decided that this site would be an excellent site
for a gazebo. So in the spring of 2006, a group of
interested persons formed an informal committee & began
plans to build a gazebo.
The first formal meeting was held on July 15, 2006 & the
name "Mouse River Park Association Improvement
Committee" was chosen. Officers were elected & a
non-profit status was obtained which was essential as
then all donations made would be tax exempt.
Through publicity & letters sent to various business &
organizations, donations began arriving. Many donations
& memorials were submitted by individuals. Because of
their interest, the gazebo was now a reality instead of
a dream. This allowed the committee to go ahead and
order the basic structure. In November, 2006, this
structure was erected by an all volunteer work force.
Throughout the winter months, the committee held
meetings to plan for the final finishing stages of the
gazebo & materials were ordered to proceed immediately
in the spring.
In the spring, again the volunteer work force proceeded
to complete the gazebo in time for the dedication on
June 24, 2007 during the Renville County Old Settler's
annual program. So it is with great honor that the
committee dedicates this building to "all people, past,
present & future who have enjoyed or will enjoy the
Mouse River Park."
Construction Pictures (click on picture for larger view)